What is a gantry crane? Speaking of gantry crane definition, as the deformation of the overhead cranes, it is a gantry lifting equipment that used in different working occasions, such as container port, shipyards, dock, offshore, etc. For its appearance and structure looks like a portal or a gate, it has been called gantry crane.
The Basic Component and Structure of a Gantry-crane
What is a gantry? A crane gantry mainly consists of bridge, supporting legs, electric control system, crane travelling system, trolley travel mechanism, lifting organ, cab, etc.
1. Basic Frame of A Gantry Crane
The basic frame of gantries such as main beam and supporting legs are composed of box-shaped or truss structure. Different structures are of their own advantages. Box-shaped crane is for the advantages of strong-rigidity and easy-maintenance, while the truss-shaped structure is of strong wind-resistance ability but light lifting capacity.
2. Electric Control System
Electric control system in gantry mainly refers to gear reducer, brakes, electric motor, etc. The three of them controls the travelling of the trolley machines and cranes.
3. Crane and Trolley Travelling Systems
Crane travelling system and trolley travel mechanisms can achieve running once energized. And there are three power supply mode of gantries, cable reels supply, diesel generators and sliding wires supply.
We adopt to advanced level wheels in the crane. All wheels are of compact structure and smooth moving, which ensure the smooth operation and high-safety of the whole set.
4. The Settings on Cab
Ground operation and air operation are two forms of gentry crane. In order to decrease the labor intensity and guarantee safety of the operators, it is necessary to build a cab on the crane, besides, operators control in the cab can also increase the accuracy of the goods and materials handling.
Gantry Crane Features and Advantages
1. Widely used in outdoor and indoor places for material handling works.
2. Compared with overhead crane, gantry crane is of low demand on the plants.
3. Once exceed to 30 meters in span length, flexible leg and rigid leg need to be set to improve the safety of gantries.
4. Ground sill is required in heavy-duty gantry cranes.
5. Cantilever cranes need to be used with saddle to improve safety.
Gantry Crane Innovation＆Breakthrough in Technics
1. Our electric control system adopts to the advanced lever ABM three-in-one or SEW three-in-one motor, which proves the integration of gear reducer, brakes and electric motor.
2. Advanced buffer and intelligent overhead limiter ensure safety operation.
3. First-class emergency shutdown system in our Gantry crane.
4. Guard net in trolley travelling mechanism to protect safety.
5. European type crane and electric hoist can be matched to enhance working efficiency and extend lifetime services.